Friday, July 1, 2011

Sunset on Monte Vista

Monday was our last night in Tower 2, 35 Floor, Flat A at Monte Vista. Although we only lived here a year this little home will forever hold sweet memories for me of bicycle rides on the podium, beautiful ocean and mountain views, and a baby pitter pattering happily across the wooden floors. One thing we especially enjoyed about our time here has been the sunsets.

So the last week has been busy as I've been tutoring a lot and going through a very sophisticated/ creative packing, loaning, selling, storing, donating, trashing process. What little stuff we have left is now residing in five different locations across Hong Kong. Cray-zee!I guess the kids have been a bit neglected and I even said "mmm hmmm" from another room when Josiah announced that he was "dwawing on Annette". Yeah, that was permanent marker
Anyways, but look at my sweet accomplishment. An entire kitchen in ONE plastic bin. Don't ask me how I did it.

We are now moved into our friends' house in Tai Po while they are away in Canada. The home is spacious and so accommodating for our family's needs. We have the use of their two cars (we've never driven in HK, it is so nice) and wait for it. . . . . a domestic helper! That means no cooking, dishes, laundry, cleaning for a month plus free child care! We love Elsa and are so thankful for this peaceful arrangement in this time of transition. Here is a pic of Annette and I playing the piano today in our "new house". Here ends one chapter and begins another.

3 comments:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

OH CHRISTINE!!! How exciting! I've been thinking about you guys, and am SO excited to see how God's going to challenge and shape/mold your hearts! I love that pic of you guys playing the piano...beautiful mama and her beautiful daughter. :)

Emily Thompson said...

WOW! I can't believe you are all moved out! What a feeling of freedom that must be for the moment. Hope all goes well with summer school over the next few weeks. Miss you already.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! What a great month to get some extra help before transitioning to Africa. I look forward to prayerfully following your family! : )