Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Olympics comes to ICS!!

On Friday one of the teachers at ICS had a sister who had the priveledge of carrying the torch in China. She brought it by our school and let almost all of the 900 students hold the torch. For some reason I had always thought there was only one torch, but there is actually about 20,000. I gladly stopped my lesson to enjoy the moment with the students. The torch came through Hong Kong last Friday, very close to where Josiah was born, but I was busy admiring the little fella. The entire red section unscrews and is filled with liquid gas to fuel the flame.

1 comment:

gerry said...

I'm so thrilled with my first great grandchild, Josiah. I hardly know where to begin to say how wonderful it is to praise the Lord for this wonderful gift to the whole Paine family. We have been looking at the darling pictures of Josiah and his parents, Jason and Christine. I'm with Great Aunt Christina, Jack, Harry and Gerry (grandparents) after our good mother's day brunch on Coronado. I'm so anxious to see you all.
Love Great Grandma Dilley